Contact & Support
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Trainsim.com discussion thread
- Comments on the home page
- Youtube comments
- Facebook page
1. An error message (image) pops up when trying to start the program
- If you downloaded the zip package, make sure to extract the files first by dragging them to an empty folder before starting the program.
- Try downloading the zip package again in case it became corrupted while downloading.
- Try installing the Itch app and install Diesel Railcar Simulator from the app as the installation will be fully automatic.
2. The program crashes or runs slowly during the simulation
- Try starting with a different graphics quality level.
- Try starting in windowed mode instead of full screen, or vice versa.
- Try starting in a different DirectX mode: Drag the Diesel Railcar Simulator.exe with the right-hand mouse button and create a shortcut. Open the properties of the shortcut with the right-hand mouse button and in the Target field, add a space and the parameter -force-d3d9 after the last quote (image). Try starting the sim from the shortcut and it will be forced to use DirectX9. You can also try the parameters -force-d3d11 or -force-d3d12 to try newer DirectX versions.